Process Refunds Follow
In this article:
Learn how to process a full, or partial refund to a customer's credit card for a transaction you made.
How do I refund a customer?
It's simple! You can refund a customer from your PayMe Dashboard.
1) log in to the Transactions tab of the PayMe Dashboard.
2) Click on the payment you'd like to refund, click More -> Details
3) Inside the transactions details -> Press -> Cancel sale and refund payment.
4) Another window will open, choose a Full refund, or Partial refund if you want to make a partial refund enter the amount you'd like to refund. then click Sale refund.
When we can't make a refund?
- When the original transaction created with debit card.
- When there is no balance in your PayMe wallet. In this case, you will need to update your credit card information under -> Settings -> Add a new card, the system will complete the credit balance from your credit card.
Is there a way to void a refund or cancel a refund transaction?
- Unfortunately, refunds are not voidable. you would need to charge the customer again.
How long does it take for refunds to process?
Refunds can take 2-3 business days to complete.
Do I have to pay a fee for issuing refunds?
No. When you refund, your customer is refunded their full payment amount, and you’re not refunded any processing fees.
Important: When making a refund, the fees charged for the original transaction are non-refundable, as is common among all clearing companies worldwide.
Is there a limit on the number of refunds I can process with PayMe?
There isn't a limit, as long as you have enough funds in your account to complete the refund transaction.
Will my customer be notified when my refund completes?
PayMe knows to send a notification to the customer in case of a refund/partial refund. You can set the email rules through your dashboard under the "settings" tab.
How do I know when a refund is complete?
Once you press the "Refund" button and the system confirms the refund action, the refund is complete and the customer will see in his credit card statement.
What happens if a refund was sent to a canceled credit card?
A few things can happen:
- If a new card was activated with the same card issuer, the refund is normally credited to the new payment card.
- If the account has been closed for some time, the credit will fail.